PlayerMentors are disability inclusion leaders of the future. They are passionate about supporting young people with disability to be the best they can be, both on and off the field.
PlayerMentors help their MRP Player learn rugby and social skills during training and on game days. PlayerMentors are supported by specially trained Team Coaches and Allied Health professionals.
To learn more about what it means to be a PlayerMentor, check out our videos!
In you, your students or your school are interested in joining the Modified Rugby Program, email GCSupport@gingercloud.org.
What is involved with being a PlayerMentor?
- You will be paired with an MRP Player for the whole season.
- No rugby experience necessary
- The MPR season runs from March to June and involves one weekly training session plus a Saturday morning game - 2hr commitment per week.
- Opportunity to play an exhibition match at half time at a major stadium.
- 2 Hours (total) of Online Leadership training about disability and inclusive practices to be completed at their own pace.
- PlayerMentors are aged 14+.
Please Note: PlayerMentors must be available for all dates on the MRP Calendar. Find your nearest MRP Club, click here!
What is GingerCloud's MRP division structure?
The MRP has 4 divisions, within which there are specific structural, Allied Health, and coaching modifications based on the varying needs of MRP Players both on and off the field.
- MRP Juniors (7-13 years) and MRP Colts (16-25) years) Players are individually matched with a PlayerMentor for support, guidance and friendship on the rugby field and beyond.
- MRP 7s and MRP 7s Plus division (assessed by on-field skill ability) Players are higher skilled and are supported by PlayerMentors as a team, with no specific MRP Player having their own PlayerMentor.
What's in it for you?
- Our Disability Inclusion Leadership Program is a fun, interactive online course that will enhance your leadership skills both on and off the field!
- Receive extraordinary mentoring opportunities from our MRP Ambassadors Nathan Sharpe, Tim Horan AM; improve your job prospects with real-time skills!
- At the completion, you will receive a Completion Certificate – a fantastic addition to your resume!
- Become a generation of leaders who champion for disability inclusion in workplaces everywhere!
Please Note: registrations are open from January to May. Outside of this period, please email GCSupport@gingercloud.org, if you are interested in joining.